Revamp Community Members page
As thelittlevoice explained in their <a href="http://community.livejournal.com/
Here are my suggestions for improving this page:
- Add at least one other column: joined date. I'm sure some admins would like other stats like latest post, latest comment, number of posts, number of comments.
- Make search work for names starting with, ending with, containing 'x', not just *exact* names. Make it possible to search for members having joined between two dates. Display the results instead of loading the whole page they're in.
- Let admins filter the page by capability: admins, moderates, has unmoderated posting access, has posting access, etc. and vice-versa and any combination of these.
- Let admins filter the page by account status: active, suspended, deleted. Maybe add the list of banned members too.
- Change the way pagination is displayed so that you don't get dozens or hundreds of page links when you have lots of members. Maybe something like 1 to 10 then you have to click on 10 or 'more' to get 10 to 20, and of course links to easily jump to the first page or the last one.
ETA: see Kyrielle's comment for an even better pagination system.
- Allow the pagination to be alphabetical instead of purely numerical. It would be awesome it this were adaptive so that you have a minimum and a maximum numbers of names on one page (it would group letters together or, on the opposite, break the list down to Aa or Aaa).
ETA2: Also see Poulpette's comment for the integration of invitations into this page.
Should be implemented as-is.
Should be implemented with changes. (please comment)
Shouldn't be implemented.
(I have no opinion)
(Other: please comment)